During this temporary quarantine due to COVID-19, attaining a membership, membership renewal, and course registration must be completed online using the registration system on this web page or through Penn State University Park. Call the Outreach Noncredit Registration Office at 814-867-4973 or mail a registration/membership form to OLLI at Penn State York, P.O. Box 410, State College, PA 16804-0410
OLLI Membership: Dues are $50 a year on a rolling basis. A membership is valid for 365 days from the day you join. Membership can be renewed no sooner than 30 days before your current membership expires.
Nonmembers: In Fall of 2019, we implemented a new policy. Nonmembers may take up to three courses, trips, and/or special events in a lifetime. After three registrations as a nonmember, you must become an OLLI member to continue to take courses in the fall and spring semesters. Summer and winter semesters do not count toward the three nonmember registrations.
Course fees are detailed in the catalog under each course.
Catalogs are available on our website, olli.york.psu.edu, in the OLLI office, and will be mailed to your home unless you opt-out of a paper catalog.
Registration is required prior to all courses. Walk-ins are not allowed.
How to register for courses or membership:
- Register online.
- Mail a registration form. Make your check out to Penn State, not OLLI, and send it to the address on the registration form. Do not send registration forms to the OLLI York office, your registration will be delayed by a week. (Registration form is located at the back of each catalog.)
- If you hand-deliver your registration to the York OLLI, you must pay by check to Penn State, our office cannot accept credit cards or cash.
Late Registration: If you want to register for a course, check course availability online first, olli.york.psu.edu/courses/. If space is available, you can still register online. If you need assistance, call our office, 717-771-4015.
Confirmation: You can keep track of your courses in three ways:
- The online registration system will automatically send you an email for each course that you are registered, save these emails.
- You can print a list of all your courses on one page during registration.
- If you do not have a computer, you can request that we print a copy of your courses for you.
- Refunds for courses will be given in the form of credit only, no cash. Credit will only be given if you call the office at least one week before the start of the course.
- For a refund, multi-session courses must be cancelled for all sessions. Cancellation (with refund) for particular sessions is not allowed.
- Because we must pay our tour/bus company based on the number of participants that originally register, refunds for bus trips will only be given if you call the office one month in advance of the trip.
- At the end of each semester, all credits will be given back to you. We will no longer hold credit indefinitely. If you registered with a credit card, you will receive a refund as soon as you cancel a course. If you paid by check, you will receive a check shortly after the semester ends.
Wait list: Sometimes we have wait lists for courses. If you cannot attend a course for which you are registered, please call and let us know so we may add someone from the wait list. If you are on a wait list and a seat opens, our office will email and call the first on the list. If we do not get a response in 48 hours, we will call the next person on the list.
- Cell phones off
- No fragrances
- Sign in with coordinator
- Respect others’ rights to hold opinions and beliefs that differ from your own
- Complete evaluation form
- Thank your instructor
- Wait to have personal conversations until after class
OLLI at Penn State York is fortunate that our members do not have to pay a fee for parking. You are simply asked to place a yellow OLLI parking pass on your dashboard. Each year when you renew your membership, you can pick up your membership card and a parking pass in the OLLI office.
All of our spring 2020 courses will be held in the Pullo Family Performing Arts Center. Therefore,
- If your course is scheduled for the Rehearsal Room, the upper lot is most accessible to this room. If this lot is full, parking in the lower lot behind The Pullo Center (off of Rathton Road) will bring you to the ground floor where you can access an elevator to the top floor and the Rehearsal Room.
- If your course is scheduled for Room 114, parking in the lower lot behind The Pullo Center is most accessible to this room.
- If you are coming to the OLLI office, parking in the lower lot behind The Pullo Center is most accessible to our office.
Inclement Weather: If Penn State York cancels classes, OLLI classes are cancelled. If Penn State York is on a two-hour delay, the 9:00 am class is cancelled, but the 11:00 am (and after) classes will be held pending the ability of the instructor to get here safely. It is your responsibility to check the following if there is inclement weather:
- OLLI at Penn State York’s Facebook page, @OLLIPennStateYork
- Our website, olli.york.psu.edu
- Penn State York website, psu.edu
- WSBA 910 AM
- WGAL 8 television station
- In the event of a two-hour delay, an email will be sent to all 11:00 am class registrants informing them if the instructor is holding the class. A post will also be made on Facebook.
Illness: If you have an active cold, cough or fever, please stay home and take care of yourself. Help prevent the spread of illness.